At the August 14, 2018, Celebration CDD workshop, the Board of Supervisors and representatives from Osceola County will be presenting to the community recommendations for improvements to our streets. While these streets are the jurisdiction of Osceola County, they are working with the District and the community as to our desires and wishes. The Board has a liaison who meets with County staff and others from the community, and the following issues are being presented to the community for public comment:
1. Pedestrian and bicycle safety on Celebration Avenue: review of the concept plan to improve pedestrian and bicycle safety, through striping and traffic calming. Study of conceptual improvements
2. Parking around Market Square: review of the concept plan to provide parking along the post office side of the square for a limited time (5 minutes or 10 minutes). Map of proposed change
3. Proposed County ordinance to control dumpsters on streets and codify current CROA covenants and restrictions: review of the proposed County ordinance, jointly developed by CROA and Celebration CDD. Proposed Ordinance
4. Crosswalks across Campus Street at Front Street: review the possibility of installing accessible crosswalk access from the Carlyle (West) Condominiums to Town Center. Implementing this proposal will cost the CCDD approximately $15,000. Map of crosswalks
5. Spring Lake Street Parking: review of the County proposal for two new “No Parking” signs at two specific corner areas affecting emergency vehicle access Map of proposed area
6. Sycamore Street two-way traffic from Celebration Avenue to Mulberry Street: review of the concept plan to expand the existing fire hydrant "No Parking" striping to create a demarcated point of refuge allowing oncoming traffic to pass. Map of proposed parking
7. Celebration Avenue and Waterside Drive Intersection: review the County proposal to make this intersection a three-way stop, for safety reasons Map of intersection
Please join the Board of Supervisors for this workshop presentation: 6:30 p.m., August 14, 2018, at 851 Celebration Avenue, Rooms 103 and 104. The referenced concept plans and ordinance will be posted on the website www.CelebrationCDD.com as the drafts are finalized. You may email your comments to email@example.com, send it through the CeleService app, or reply using the form on the website, www.CelebrationCDD.com.
Thank you for your feedback and your continued interest in Celebration.